Wednesday 20 March 2013

Harrison Hits Form Ahead of Rangers’ Opener

Texas Rangers pitcher, Matt Harrison, went some way to proving his fitness ahead of the season-opener against the Houston Astros, producing a dominant performance on his return to action following the toe injury that had kept him out for over two weeks.

Playing against the Los Angeles Dodgers, the left-hander pitched six scoreless innings in his first ‘A’ game since the beginning of March; throwing 41 strikes from 57 pitches, retiring his final 14 batters after a conceding a single to the first batter of the game.

Harrison even had enough left in the tank to throw extra pitches in the bullpen after the 4-0 win in order to get some more practice under his belt following his inconvenient spell on the sidelines during this late-stage of pre-season.

Despite looking back to his best in his return to the mound against the Dodgers, Harrison insisted to fans betting MLB World Series that he still has work to do in order to be 100% for the opening game of the new season against the Astros.

"I'm not in a groove yet, it's only one game, but I feel like I am back on track," Harrison said.

"I feel like its back to normal -- keeping that back foot down, being able to drag my foot again and I feel like my legs are under me again. The biggest thing is I feel like my velocity is up again,” the 2012 All Star told MLB betting news reporters.

All going to plan, Harrison is expected to fill the No.2 starter position in the Rangers’ rotation behind Yu Darvish, who will be looking to continue the encouraging manner in which he finished his rookie season in the MLB.

No comments:

Post a Comment