Monday 21 January 2013

Rookie James Unfazed by Play-off Pressure

San Francisco 49ers running back, LaMichael James, has insisted to the NFL betting news that he is not feeling the pressure of playing in postseason campaign. The rookie only broke into the team after 12 games of the regular season but could now play a key role as the 49ers look to go all the way in their Super Bowl run.

The 23-year old boasts a stellar college pedigree, holding the record of rushing yards and touchdowns for Oregon, including a starring role in last year’s Rose Bowl triumph. Despite a slow start to his NFL career, James has impressed since making his debut following Kendall Hunter’s season-ending injury, finishing the regular season with 125 yards at an average of 4.6 yards per carry.

The running back made his postseason debut during the 49ers comprehensive 45-31 victory against Green Bay Packers, finishing with three carries for 21 yards, a 7-yard reception and a 23-yard kick-off return in his playoff debut Saturday night.

While making it clear to fans who bet on NFL he was delighted to have the chance of being in this position in his rookie season, the youngster was adamant that he would not be overawed by the occasion. After playing in big games for Oregon, James admitted he used that experience when it came to coping with the pressure of running out against the Atlanta Falcons.

"I don't think it's too much different than playing in BCS games at Oregon. That helped me out. It's second nature to me. No other game is bigger than the first one or the second one, you got to go out there and you got to compete. That’s how I’m going to treat this game,” said James.

“I had a lot to learn and I’m still learning. I’m very blessed to be in the position I’m in. I say thanks to my team-mates and coaches for guiding me and helping me out thus far.”

No comments:

Post a Comment